Please note that these credentials are intended for evaluation purposes only. If you like Universal API and want to sign a contract, request a sales call through MyTravelport. Refer to the Support page for more information.
Requesting 30-Day Trial Credentials
If you want to sample Universal API, you can request trial credentials to Universal API:
- Go to the Travelport Developer site.
- From the Developer Tools menu, select Travelport Universal API.
- Select the Try Travelport Universal API button under the Resources section.
- Fill in the form and select Submit.
Shortly after you fill out and submit the form, you will receive two emails from email@example.com:
- An email with your new credentials
- An email with your MyTravelport account invitation
After you register for Trial Access to Travelport Universal API, you receive a Welcome letter that provides you with credentials to access Universal API's Test system.
Getting Started with Your Credentials
For detailed information on using your credentials to access Universal API, we recommend that you review the following sections:
Includes an overview of Universal API; information about our data sources (providers and suppliers); design considerations; and recommendations for using Universal API in combination with Travelport’s legacy API products.
Also provides detailed information to access Universal API, including:
Using your trial credentials in a ping request to confirm application connectivity.
Important! When using Sandbox trial credentials, ensure the OriginApplication value is F8C867BC-Sandbox.
Sending a sample request to make a hotel reservation.
Using the appropriate SOAP endpoints for each service.
Implementing gzip compression to reduce response sizes.
Using Branch Codes (Target Branches) for emulation, which allows a Universal API client to assume the identity of another entity for which it has been provisioned to act.
High-level workflows that illustrate basic business processes to search, price, book, and fulfill travel segments.
- Sample XML transactions are provided for various Universal API functions.
- The Universal API Demo Site allows you to see and work with an application that is built over Universal API. Sample application code is provided in several languages.
- C# proxy classes are provided to show how to consume the Universal API WSDL in C# code. Download the zip file.
- A github repository and instructions for step-by-step tutorials that help you connect to Universal API.
Additional Help sections provide more detailed information about specific Universal API services and their associated business processes.
The Travelport Developers Support Site
When you request your 30-Day Trial, you receive an invitation to your MyTravelport account. Click the link in the MyTravelport invitation email to access MyTravelport.
The Developer site provides you with access to the latest news and events, forums, support and help links, advisories, white papers, and other information to get started with Universal API. It also provides a Getting Started page to help guide your trial experience with Universal API.
Supporting Your Universal API Trial
Support for your trial varies depending on whether you client application is intended for subscribers/agencies or for third parties.
Support for Subscriber Applications
Your regional Travelport Sales team provides the first line of support for your trial access to Universal API. Please use the following addresses for any questions related to your access or use of Universal API:
- Americas: Tech.firstname.lastname@example.org
- Asia/Pacific: email@example.com
- Europe: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Middle East/Africa: email@example.com
Support for Third-Party Applications
Your regional Developer Network team provides the first line of support for your trial access to Universal API. Please use the following addresses for any questions related to your access or use of Universal API:
- Americas: developers-Americas@travelport.com
- Asia/Pacific: developers-APAC@travelport.com
- Europe: developers-Europe@travelport.com
- Middle East/Africa: developers-MEA@travelport.com
If you like Universal API and want to sign a contract, please contact Jan-Paul Ephithite.